Saturday, February 24, 2007

Working after CNY break.

Had a uber long break since Thailand.. Stomach virus granted me 3 days of MC, followed closely with CNY and after that took days of off to rest and recuperate. So I think I haven't been to work for like 3 weeks? haha and I know that work are piling up on my table as I blog, but I have came to realise really what matters most.

Given the 24 hours daily, I would already be spending 10+ hrs at work and previously very often you would still see me in the office way beyond working hours. So I decided to really priortise my time and energy because, as much as I want to, I can't possibly do everything. Have do those that are of real importance and worthwhile. I know all this sounds very self-centered but in the past, my life has been really screwed because I wasn't focusing on anything. I was just trying to do everything and ended up I couldn't do any of them to the best I could.

Top 3 Priorities

1. Spend more time with God and serving Him.
2. Treasure my wonderful family on earth and striking a win-win situation to the conflict in religion.
3. Make a conscious effort to keep in contact with all my friends.

Of course putting my best at work and educating the young minds to love their nation is important too. But like I have said, work really should not overrule living as a person and I will not repeat the same mistake again. Well shall keep to 3 priorities first because I am already having difficulty to fulfill them.

This year's CNY is really lacking in mood for me. Firstly I was away at Thailand during the preparation phase for CNY. (Love shopping for new year goodies!) Secondly, hit by the virus just days before CNY. And lastly, my relatives are shrinking! As in somehow we are not visiting few of them this year or some simply didn't come for reunion dinner? Weird right? How can people skip reunion dinner? Yup so CNY is kinda losing its meaning to me.. AH hope next year's CNY will be better!

Tmr will be my last resting day before Monday comes. Ah God pls give me strength to face the mountains of work when i get back. =)