Saturday, February 03, 2007

In Lopburi Town

Ok gonna make it a fast one! cos the LAN shop is closing soon.

Yup I am in Lopburi Town, Thailand now... for the purpose of the country. And this trip really makes my job meaningful again becausing protecting the country becomes so real and immediate!! Ok wouldn't say too much as it is rather sensitve now. (Singapore just won Thailand 2-1 somemore!!!) So yup wait till i am back den talk more k.

I like Feburary.

1. Valentine's Day ( not that I am attached though.. but it is still nice to feel the love in the air)
2. CNY (all the angbaos and food!!)
3. Many birthdays (Zhanghao, Ven, Peiqi and a lot more!... but that means need to buy more present also)
4. A short month! (work less for more money!)

The weather here is extremely cold... freezing at 19 degree Celcius!! And everyday I have to bathe from the pool of water with everyone else.. Like drinking the brain freeze in 7-eleven everyday! I never thought that Thailand can be this cold.

But the high side is the food here. Everyday I would look forward to the mealtimes. The field ration here tastes like homecooked food! There is even tonic soup to keep us warm out at the field. It is so fortunate to be a Thailand soldier la!! All the soldiers here are so honoured to serve their country and in fact the family would be very proud of their sons if they choose to serve and protect the country as a career. Unlike back in our small island, people need to be forced to join and those who signed on like me, often get the burning question - "Why you signed on ah?" "Out of your mind?". Hai this is so pathetic in comparison to the Thai Forces. Serving with pride indeed!

Nonetheless, the trip here has been eye-opening. Training can't be anymore realistic and bonding with the guys can't get any closer. It is true that only through tough times then you will make friends, friends that you can depend on forever.

Everyday waking up to the cold gust out in the field. I had to drag myself to set up all the things needed for training. And the worst feeling comes from the hands, I can put on a jacket and blanket but somehow both hands will wake up freezing in pain everyday. But when I see all my guys, from Jieren as 2IC to my specs the 3Js and my operators also suffering but still pushing on to complete their tasking. I just couldn't make any excuse not to work even harder as their PC. They are my motivation here and they are the ones who makes it worth it.

Will update again when I'm back! Cya