Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's only 4219500 centimetres!

Wooohooo!!!

I completed the longest marathon in my life (by far.)!!! haha feeling proud and satisfied!

The final 10km was the most gruelling thing I had done this year. The breathing and weather were good BUT the body was repelling already... threatening to cramp for every step I take.

The marathon was fun and meaningful nonetheless!

These are the few things only the finishers will understand:

1. Kenyans have no lungs.
2. The heat when 9000 runners gather at the start point.
3. East Coast Park's 1 km seems longer than anywhere else.
4. Powergel really helps.
5. Run-spirators are very important during the journey, because cheering keeps you going.
6. Adidas volunteers are all very young and pretty =)
7. Deep heat cream is very precious.
8. Cramps can actually be run off.
9. The lost of control over the legs and can't stop jogging.

Lastly.... 10. The high of completing 42.195km.

I guess once in a while, you need to do something amazing and incredible to reaffirm yourself! Feel good and sure about yourself with this kind of small small indicators like 42.195km. Next year maybe? =)

Now is the after effects. My 2 poor legs are aching like mad now... I need someone to massage them for me!!! And to make it more challenging, tomorrow I will going outfield!! diao... hope I can survive well for the next 2 days.

Will post the photos when I'm feeling less aching. haha. need to stretch now! *Ouch**