Saturday, April 12, 2008

Uscita!

Yes Uscita was the first italian word that I picked when I was at the airport, because I was looking for the exit! hahaha

And this little word kept appearing around me... On the bus, metro, shopping centre and even the Colosseum!

Looking at all the request and scolding about my dusty cobweb blog, I feel such ashamed of it. haha like Joe said I have only blogged 9 times since I got to London. (eh joe why did you even bother counting in the first place?)

Italy was a land of discovery for me.

1. Ciao! this word of greeting is actually italian! (maybe many of you know that alrdy =(
2. Bolognese sauce came from Italy, from a town called Bologna! haha
3. Leonardo Da Vinci was an Italian.
4. The Last Supper is in Milan!
5. Italy produces 2nd largest amount of wine in the world!

After this trip, I think I will not go back Italy for a long long time. haha 16 days of travelling was indeed tiring, being over ambitious in the beginning. But still the trip was great fun and of course with the fun loving and crazy company.

Time for Photos

Rome.

The place of monuments and monuments. After Rome, we were so jaded about monuments, the other churches or fountains just could stir up any interest. hahaha

Colosseum- Can't believe how badly preserved the colosseum is. Such a pity, otherwise it would have been magnificent.

Vatican City - Awaiting the Pope
We coincidentally bumped into the Easter Sunday in Vatican. Sadly, it was raining very badly. So we did not stay throughout the whole mass. But the place was very beautiful and artistic.

The walkway to Vatican City

In St Peter Basilica, Vatican

The Famous Trevi Fountain! (not really a fountain though just ripples)

Us drinking from the Trevi Fountain. Apparently Trevi Fountain is about love? haha

Last but not least.... The gelato!!!!! Look at the deco of the gelato!
(p.s. we ate gelato almost everyday)

I will update more again because there is a lot of stuff to update. But if you wan the pictures, they are all on Facebook!