Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spending too much..

I always keep track of my spending monthly.. just in case i overspend.. BUT i still overspend for March. Grand total of $500 plus personal spending... not including those fixed spending like bus fare and filial money to parents. *grasp* I think coming Apr shall be more thrifty. Need to save more for UK.

Talking about UK. I went for the Imperial Admission Interview with this Admission Tutor, Dr Omar Matar. He was staying at The Regent Hotel!!! So high class.. when I entered the hotel, I was practically the only Singaporean there (all the other locals were hotel staff).

So he was interviewing everyone in the Business Centre. Well Imperial must have paid for all the expenses because he even had his own personal assistant from the hotel! And one by one we went in for the interview..

Been through so many scholarship interviews in the SAF, I am practically immune and well-versed in interview situations. I could almost predict the questions he will ask and true enough, he asked the exact questions in my preparation list. But (yes there is always a but) he caught me with an unexpected question. Something that the SAF interviews never prepare me for.

Question:

"If I were to give you coffee, sugar and milk. How would you mix them in order?"

AH!!! What kind of question is this? I thought it was a psychological question because most interviews are about your thinking and attitude. But where is the psychological part to this question???

I really cannot comprehend. So I gave a rather layman answer.

My Answer:

"Sugar. The milk will cool down the coffee hence the solubility will decrease."

Correct Answer:

"Milk. It will increase the volume of the mixture hence increase the solubility."

UrGH!!!! I almost wanted to smack that guy in the face! What kind of question is this!!!

Ah.. nevermind.. However I really had a bad feeling about this interview. Not just the question, but the general gut feeling is bad. Hope I didn't screw it up.

One more item for prayer book. - "Get a seat in the Chem Eng Course in Imperial"